August 02, 2018 Patch
Release Version 1.6.2 - Inferno
Changes and Additions
- The game now supports Chinese, Japanese and Korean characters (modding only).
- Changed the way movie subtitles are handled (they can now be modded).
- Prioritized factions with special needs when choosing spawn positions to give them more chances of a good spawn (PC only for now, will be fixed for Mac version in the next build).
- Increased the priority of faction specific military technologies for all major factions.
- Cities traded with the cultists are destroyed immediately as they do when conquered by force in order to avoid Cultist empires with multiple cities.
- Break down trait based FIDSI output in tile tooltip for cases where a faction has multiple traits affecting the same currency output.
- Changed savegame and map file extensions to prevent antivirus and firewall software from blocking their usage.
- Added a notification when playing a new faction for the first time (Kapaku only, for now).
- Added Volcanic terrain with 6 variations: Basalt Plains, Scorched Wilds, Barren Soil, Lava Swirls, Ash Drifts and Badlands.
- Added a new river type: Lava Flow, impacting armies on the map and in battle.
- Added 4 new Anomalies: Lava Chimneys, Lava Geyser, Fumarole and Caldera Lake.
- Added Dust Eclipse phenomenon, activating a brand new trait per faction for all major factions. A Dust Eclipse sweeps Auriga, disrupting the natural order, and empowering all races.
- Wild Walkers: Dust Divination. With greatly heightened senses during Dust Eclipses, Wild Walkers are carefully attuned to Auriga's other inhabitants, granting them the capacity to meet the enemy head-on.
- Broken Lords: Sould Burn. With Dust already writhing beneath their great suits of armor, it is no surprise that Dust Eclipses can have such great impacts on the Broken Lords' armies.
- Vaulters/Mezari: Teleportation Finesse. Powerful currents of Dust in the air during Dust Eclipses greatly enhance the accuracy of Vaulter teleportation, allowing more target destinations.
- Necrophages: Rising Dead. When Dust Eclipses descend on Auriga, animating forces bring to life some of corpses of the Necrophages' great heaps of flesh, creating not-so-fresh recruits.
- Ardent Mages: Rising Fire. Building off pain rituals, during Dust Eclipses injured Ardent Mages find themselves driven into violent rages that make them extra dangerous fighters.
- Roving Clans: Setseke Infusion. Setsekes, the giant scarabs that underpin the Clans culture, become invigorated during Dust Eclipses leading to even greater reverence for their powers.
- Drakken: Mystical Words. With the general confusion and bouts of arcane mysticism that Dust Eclipses bring, unruffled Drakken diplomats are more effective during negotiations at this time.
- Cultists: Worshippers Frenzy. Leveraging the feelings of fanaticism that Dust Eclipses instill in Auriga's lesser races, Cultists preach that they are a sign from the Queen.
- Forgotten: Dust Opportunists. Taking advantage of Dust's magical propensity to literally drift out of imperial coffers during Eclipses, infiltrated Forgotten spies can potentially steal small fortunes during the long twilight night.
- Allayi: Call of Auriga. Responding to Auriga's apparent distress, the Allayi are moved to great feats of endurance during Dust Eclipses.
- Morgawr: Riders of the Wild Winds. As natural seafarers, the Morgawr are the only faction able to take advantage of the high winds and rough seas that characterise the oceans during Dust Eclipses.
- Kapaku: Shaman's Knowledge. Already well-attuned to earthen energies, Kapaku shamans gain near supernatural powers of insight at times of Dust Eclipse.
- Added Confluxes on the world map, granting temporary boosts to armies collecting them.
- Added a new Major Faction: the Kapaku. The Kapaku are a new race uniquely suited to the Volcanic Terrain, able to thrive off it where other races would struggle, and their symbiotic relationships with their golems allows them to exploit more resources more efficiently, fueling their machinery to turn Auriga into a new Volcanic Paradise.
- Added a new trait: Volcanoformation.
- Added a new army action, unlocked by the Volcanoformation: Volcanoform, allowing to use Volcanoforming devices and change any terrain into a volcanic one.
- Added a new trait: Stargazers. Auriga's pattern of Dust Eclipses was well understood by the Concrete Endless, predicated on the chaotic interaction of moons.
- Added a new technology: Siege Engineering. Provides an Industry stockpile generated by dealing siege damage to enemy city fortifications.
- Added a new extension type: Golem Camp. Populated by indefatigable golem workers, these camps enable cities to create boroughs entirely separated from their parent metropolis.
- Added 3 new volcanic Technologies unlocking 3 new city Improvements and items.
- Added ground effect Dust Blizzard impacting armies on the map and in battle.
- Added 2 Inferno in-game soundtracks.
- Fixed an issue where a desync occurs when ending the turn after a player joined a multiplayer session.
- Fixed an issue that limited the number of lobbies returned by Steam, thus making the game appear to have a lot less open lobbies than it should.
- Fixed an issue where a skippable assert is generated when the ship in chapter five takes off if the screen is not centered on the ship.
- Fixed an issue where, under some circumstances, when all players press ready and the host launches the session, the host will enter the loading screens and the game will hang there, without the rest of the players loading in the session.
- Fixed an issue where the Advanced extraction can be built in regions with no luxury resources.
- Fixed an issue where nearby armies are not called as reinforcements whenever a converted village without garrison is attacked.
- Fixed an issue where units garrisoned in converted minor faction villages cannot participate in battles as reinforcements.
- Fixed an issue where Roving Clans can win by economy victory after being wiped out from the game.
- Fixed an issue where Ardent Mages Custom factions which do not have the Arcana of Materializing tech cannot complete chapter 6 of the faction quest.
- Fixed an issue where the Chapter 6 step 1 of the Drakken faction quest cannot be completed by Drakken custom factions with the "Weapons of the enemy" trait.
- Fixed an issue where the Drakken chapter 6.1 "Correcting the course" cannot be completed by custom factions with the "Make trade not war" trait.
- Fixed an issue where the AI Empire is eliminated in the next turn if all the units and cities are captured or destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where the AI builds ships on "closed" waters with no exit to the World Ocean.
- Fixed an issue where city siege breaks when any army belonging to the besieging player moves through or leaves the siege area.
- Fixed an issue where the player is not informed how to unlock the Heroes category from Marketplace when hovering the locked tab.
- Fixed an issue where the "Games2Gether" main menu button redirects the user to the wrong site.
- Fixed an issue where the "Stimulated" Achievement triggers after 6 luxury boosters are active at the same time.
- Fixed several text issues.
- Fixed an issue where a skippable assert is generated and the game remains stuck if the user attacks a frozen Fortress.
- Fixed an issue where the "Morgawr" army pathfinding tries to attack a village from the water.
- Fixed an issue where the Fortresses quest icon is displayed only for the host in a multiplayer session.
- Fixed an issue where Fomorian ships have no banner icon displayed.
- Fixed an issue where ungarrisoned fortresses become captured even if successfully defended by reinforcements.
- Fixed an issue where fortresses become captured if the garrisoned units are killed even if successfully defended by reinforcements.
- Fixed an issue where naval ships can be constructed on lakes if the city is adjacent to ocean tiles.
- Fixed an issue where Morgawr starting spawn can be set inside land and next to a lake.
- Fixed an issue where the "Transport ship slayer" capacity stated an increase of attack versus transport ships.
- Fixed an issue where Pikou's Blade weapon model does not display properly in combat.
- Fixed an issue where Baleshark's Tooth Shield model does not display properly in combat.
- Fixed an issue where users are not informed about the relationship state required to perform the "Coastal bombardment" action.
- Fixed an issue where the fourth chapter of the Allayi faction questline cannot be completed by custom factions with the pitiless trait.
- Fixed an issue where the number of turns required to complete Allayi chapter 2 step 2 is inconsistent with its objective.
- Fixed an issue where Shift button overlaps with "Assign / Unassign Hero" button when playing as Allayi.
- Fixed an issue where the Forgotten AI overstates the value of a technology.
- Fixed an issue where the Forgotten AI heavily undervalues tech stealing.
- Fixed an issue where the host receives the unit reward from “Wings of Ruin” quest if the client completes it.